Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Thirfty and Frugal Wrapping Paper Options

Christmas time can be so expensive no matter how much planning, saving,and early bird shopping I  do. But one of the way's I can save money and cut corners is with wrapping paper and bags.


 Yikes the cost for each can get really pricey! And I like most Love and adore the matchy matchy stuff,you know the kind where the wrapping paper,tags,ornaments and ribbon all go hand in hand,same color, same patterns. I  can still do that matchy thing but with a more frugal approach to it.
Just a tip that I use every year, buy your ribbons, wrapping paper and gift bags when they go on sale! It used to be all these items would go on sale the day after Christmas, but many stores are having spectacular sales now, just before the holidays. I try to color coordinate my paper and gift bags, and I love using just plain brown craft paper.

 I also utilize all the usual internet sources like Google,Pinterest and Hometalk. If your into vintage and I sure Am,your local thrift stores our the way to go here. Most will have some kind of vintage sheet music and books. I have found these items for as little as a quarter a piece WoW right!You and wrap with this stuff and use in place of tissue paper for your gift in a bag items.

 Do you have good penmanship.. me not so much, but I did write out a whole Christmas song on plain white wrapping paper last year and it only cost $4. I used a gold sharpie and a roll of white Dollar Tree wrapping paper, and  I must say it was mighty cute, I was able to get 3 to 4  presents from it.For some added Pizzazz  just add some ornaments you might already have or pick up some less then a dollar.It adds a personal feel to the gift.

Plain brown or white Kraft bags is another  thrifty option. My sister and I split the cost for a case of a 100 and at around 12.00 each including shipping and I have plenty to use year around.
Last weekend I invited the Grand babes over for a little crafting party.We stamped and stenciled our hearts out, and the bags will be used to put their gifts in under my tree.What fun we  had not only creating memories together but some of the most and I'm just a bit bias here stunning bags ever!
I would love to hear about your budget-friendly ways to save during " The most wonderful time of the Year ". 
I need to add before I let Ya'all go, I just can not survive without Target's Dollar Spot. I think it safe to say most of you are familiar with it.And with some pressure from my family they want me to disclose that I have been known to push aside and mow down a few of them just to get to it!  There guilty as charged!

Smiles.Cindy 

Sharing below some sites I look to for inspiration.

Check Below.....





   

 


I not been given any kind of compensation for sharing these links or sources.

0 comments:

Post a Comment